Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Wednesday Last

rrich Guest

Unhappy Wednesday Last

The neighbors have three generations living there. The family was one of the original purchasers in the subdivision, 1962. We have lived next door since 1975 and have observed the natural life cycle of the family.

Today, the daughter is caretaker for her parents. This daughter is divorced and her two daughters (off and on) live next door also. As is typical with teenagers in a divorce, they will use one parent against the other. The younger daughter (14 year old) had a fight with her mother, the caretaker. This daughter then lived with with her father for a fortnight and then returned to live with her mother.

I've been told the following: The daughter had been taking Prozac under a doctor's care. While living with her father, the father decided that she didn't need Prozac and took her off the drug. The daughter returned home Monday last to live with mother again. Late Tuesday night, early Wednesday morning this 14 year old girl hung herself. Services are Thursday. An absolutely tragic waste of a life.

Mates, if you or someone close to you is using Prozac do not let them stop abruptly except under close medical supervision.

Bloody hell.
    I hate to hear of that sort of thing happening. You're right - an absolute tragic waste of life. The family must be devastated.
    It obviously must be affecting you too, rrich. All the best to you and your family from this side of the Pacific.
    Retired member

rrich Guest

Brendan,
    Thanks for your kind thoughts.

I was talking with the grandfather yesterday. His frustration (as is mine) is very evident. There's just nothing that we can do.

Thanks again.

Feeling for you, Rick and your neighbours.

RR

Too bad mate, sounds dreadful. I hope you, and all the family members involved manage to get through it ok.
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

Gee Rrich that is horrible. The use of antidepressants seems to be out of control. I was directly involved with the suicide of a family member and it is gut-wrenching for everyone. Please pass my condolences to your neighbours - they must be in searing pain. You may want to pass on a very informative website to them when things calm down a bit which explains a lot about depression:

http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk...tion/signs.htm
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

That's a really good website.
    Thanks Tas

RR

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.