Thread: Final Polish

Default Final Polish

I have just made an headboard with a Tas Oak frame and Tas Oak veneered MDF. I have stained with Wattyl Interior Stain and the 2 coats of Wattyl Satin Estapol.
    Which would be the recommended finish out of U-Beaut's Traditional Wax or EEE Ultra? How long should I wait for the Estapol to harden before polishing?
    Burf

My preferance would be for the EEE-Ultra Shine as it helps remove any light imperfections in the finish and brings up a much more smoother professional looking finish. You may need to sand lightly with a little 1200 grit if you have brush marks or other imperections that can be seen or felt in the surface. The EEE won't take them away, it will just follow them and soften them a little.

I would give it at least a week or more drying time before applying the wax, however if you are in a tearing great rush you could probably do it as soon as 24 hours after applying the Estapol.

Cheers - Neil

Many thanks Neil.
    There are no brush marks but I can feel "spots" when I run my hand over some areas. I won't be able to do anything for at least a week so the wait will be perfect.
    Burf

Neil
    The EEE and Swandsdown Mop arrived last week and I did the final polish this morning.
    The end result is stunning. The polished look without gloss is just what we were after, and the mop made all the difference. Particularly after I woke up to the fact that I had to run the drill backwards to prevent the nuts undoing. DUH!
    Burf