Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Video capture card

Can anyone recommend a video capture card ?For xp2000 ,1.5g pocessor.
    leaning towards- Belkin F5U228 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 DVD Creator anyone had experience with this unit ,or recomend another?:confused: I brought a- Fusion hdtv dual digital tv card ,can not get it to work properly yet .I have some vcr tapes i would like to put on dvd
    Regards ,Bela
    forge

I have the Fusion Plus card and have used it to convert VHS to DVD. Not a pleasant experience but it worked.

What is the problem with your Fusion card? Can't recommend another card but maybe I can help you get that one going?

Cheers,

Glenn

[QUOTE=Termite]Bela, you may find these sites helpful

Thank's termite.The non resident it.genius (no.1 son,on whose advise i spent the cash)is working on it.I't only been 2 weeks .
    Regards ,Bela
    forge

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_M
    I have the Fusion Plus card and have used it to convert VHS to DVD. Not a pleasant experience but it worked.
    What is the problem with your Fusion card? Can't recommend another card but maybe I can help you get that one going?

Cheers,

Glenn
    Thanks ,Glenn.It's being worked on by no.1 son,lives 45mins.away.
    Regards ,Bela
    forge

Here is another good reference site on video cards (plus other electronic stuff): http://austech.info/

The main thing to look out for with video cards is the rate of video frames dropped. If the drop rate is high it will result in noticeable video/audio sync problems, especially in long duration video transfers.

Some of the more expensive cards claim to have very low drop rates due to faster video electronics on the card, but it is also influenced by the speed of the receiving hard disk and the PC's CPU speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ndru
    Here is another good reference site on video cards (plus other electronic stuff): http://austech.info/

The main thing to look out for with video cards is the rate of video frames dropped. If the drop rate is high it will result in noticeable video/audio sync problems, especially in long duration video transfers.

Some of the more expensive cards claim to have very low drop rates due to faster video electronics on the card, but it is also influenced by the speed of the receiving hard disk and the PC's CPU speed.
    Thanks, NDRU.Interesting site.Now, if i could understand what they are talking about
    Regards ,Bela
    forge