Default 4 Million Banana Benders?

They must breed like cane toads up there?

How many are ex Vic's?

Loved the number plates in Vic when Jeff Kennett was in power.

Victoria on the Move. (Rather than put up with him.)

Worm is dangling, sure to get a bite soon?

I'll bite. The increase in Qld population is largely due to Victorians fleeing the freezing winds that blow from the Antarctic ice-sheet in winter.

I have always been puzzled by the schizophrenic nature of the slogans on Victorian number-plates: some say "The Place to Be" and others say "On the Move". Make up your minds, fellas; do you want to stay there or not?

Rocker (happily bending bananas for the past five years)

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Mine are yellow with a burgundy horse on one side and announce thoroughbred country, with a big burgundy 'V' prior to the number
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

My plates dont have any slogan on them....

Though the VIC is running vertially down the side... A little older than the slogans...
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Actually both Vic and Qld's populations are expanding healthily while that lot between us is shrinking.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    Actually both Vic and Qld's populations are expanding healthily while that lot between us is shrinking.
    Yeh.....it started when I was about 55.

having grown up in Sydney (Merrylands of all places) and lived in NSW a couple of places Western Sydney Kings Langley, Sylvania and Caringbah as well as QLD Cairns twice and VIC werribee and now somerville, I can honestly say that of all those places the one place I could easily move back to would be Carins.

Except when the state of origin is on, its hard to make fun of a QUEENSLANDER when they lose all the time.
    If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people like me ask? Do I get smart just in time to ask questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackers
    ...the one place I could easily move back to would be Carins. ....
    Not tonight you wouldn't....
    I have the A/C on in the office to cool it down to 26° at 8:45pm.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

I spent 6 weeks in Cairns.

In January/February.

With no air conditioning.

Nothing family friendly I can say about that...

Says I with the heater running and pointed straight at me. Cliff, send me a crate of what you got there, I'll send it back with what we got here and I think we'll both be a bit happier.

I love Cairns!! But then, I grew up in New Guinea, so I don't mind the heat. We lived in Cairns for a few years in the 90s and my wife couldn't handle it at all. The final straw was when she fell pregnant and it was 42C with 100% humidity, so we moved to Perth. That place simply doesn't have any idea of how weather should behave!! One minute hot as Hades, the next peeing with rain and squalls.

In the end, we came back to Brisvegas here in Godzone and all is right with the world.
    Cheers,
    Craig

It get bloody hot and stays that way anywhere north of the tropic of Capricorn and a little bit south as well.
    Cairns is too full of Japanese tourists and malingerers for me to wanna live there.
    The wife of a friend of mine is having a Cesarean today so she may have the 4 millionth.
    Mick

avantguardian

Quote Originally Posted by Blackers
    the one place I could easily move back to would be Carins.
    ...not me. I was there Aug-Feb. Never went below 32 the whole time. Downtown was a furnace. Walking 25m to the car at 8:00am had my shirt sticking to me with sweat in the humididy. My shirt always had that manky sweat smell. Sleep wasn't pleasant. 150 jets fly over the place every day, as the airport is in town. The promised rain at the end of December didnt arrive until Steve did, and flooded everyone out. The Esplanade was always full of low-lifes. I didn't feel safe walking at night. The endless sunny days were wearying. The swimming pools were hot. You couldn't swim in the ocean for fear of the irikanji, and it was like salty soup anyway. My boss nearly died from a sting, at 34. Mossman gorge and the Cascades were the only respite.
    I loved the day at the races, fabuluous thunderstorms, watching the fruit bats each night, Guinness at the Pier, and leaving for the last time.
    Feeling the fresh southwesterly in my face again was pure bliss.
    Each to thier own though, no offence intended (Cliff). This was my experience, I know others love it.
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!