Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    As Mathew so rightly pointed out, a scammer would be pretty dumb to use their own name. Do the domain name registrars keep a record of the name on the credit card that you pay with? I doubt it, since you're not supposed to store credit card details - and I doubt they would disclose it on the net.
    You're right but I meant it in the context that that's what I would have expected. But once I had made the call, the person on the other end gave such a response that ("Oh I'm trying to quit that", In an incredibly guilty tone. And the silence that followed...) it made me think he was a very stupid script kiddie (there are plenty of those). And the fact that the website went down very quickly after my call made it that much more compelling to believe that it was the right person.Yes the domain registers have to keep records for all sorts of reasons. They don't need to keep the credit card information but they need to keep a reciept of the money transaction.To KjanderI absolutely apologize if I have made a mistake but when I added up those three aspects of the whole event that took place it was very hard to take your post as anything other than damage control. When I saw the your post I thought since it was posted at what would have been 12 midnight in New York I suspected that it might have been someone on this forum having a go for no good reason, this board has been suffering from a few trolls lately.

I will make a very thorough internet search tonight and do what I can to set the record straight with who ever has your fathers name posted. I did quick search last night using Kenneth Andersen and phishing and found a couple sites that listed him as a scam site.

I agree with silent, not only does kjander's story sound quite plausible there seems no possible reason for the post if its not true.

On top of that kjander hasn't been rude or aggressive about the entire situation as one must expect a troll or scammer to be.

All he has done is sought to explain a situation that appears to have occured due entirely to a criminal scammer.

It highlights the problems of the internet and the need for united international action to eliminate the crims. I hope he gets enough info here to help the FBI catch the crims.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com