Well here I am asking questions again.
I've just sold my worm cafes and built a big bugger of a worm farm from an old IBC.
But I think I've stuffed up a bit by following some directions and inspiration found on line [ and they have a facebook page too but I won't link here] and I have a feeling that it is going to be too damned big in the short term.
I need some tricks and tips on making what worms I have in there "Hot to Trot" and fast to Breed, I need some fast breeder tips, how can I turn my worms into little slender love machines and get the numbers up to where can toss 10 kilos of coffee grounds and vegetable scraps a month and turn that into valuable worm juice as fast as possible?
Also your thoughts on using small amounts of wood ash and calcined animal bones into the worm farm on a regular basis?
When we have a BBQ all the chicken and spare rib bones get processed in the fire so the mix is going to be alkaline to a degree but hopefully moderated somewhat by the bones which should provide some extra calcium over and above the egg shells
I bought a half kilo of extra worms from Bunnings but I don't think that is anywhere near enough wrigglers and I don't want to give the Great Big Green Shed any more money than I have to