TheSpinDoctor Guest

Default Anyone tried those cheap chinese mini excavators being dumped in the country?

New to the renovators forum but been around the woodworkforums for a while.

If anyone bags cheap chinese it's me... But I can't afford a kabota at 25k to play on, and dig a few holes...

So!! Anyone had a go at seeing how much it takes to break them.

In case you didn’t know, you can use your WWF Username and Password here as well as Metalwork Forums
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

cheap
    +
    chinese

and you really expect it to be good, with an abundance of aftermarket help and support available if stuff breaks down. There is literally zero incentive for them to make a quality, lasting product

I honestly thought about buying one of the mini mini ones purely so my kids could play in the back yard with it. If you're considering actually using it for work and making money the old saying "a poor man pays twice" comes to mind.

TheSpinDoctor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by havabeer69 View Post
    cheap
    +
    chinese

and you really expect it to be good, with an abundance of aftermarket help and support available if stuff breaks down. There is literally zero incentive for them to make a quality, lasting product

I honestly thought about buying one of the mini mini ones purely so my kids could play in the back yard with it. If you're considering actually using it for work and making money the old saying "a poor man pays twice" comes to mind.
    Nope. I didn't expect them to be good. When you leave the chinese to their own devices, they will always make crap. I asked how easy for anyone who had one was it to break it...

I only wanted to dig a few holes... Never said I wanted to make money with one. That would be like showing up to a jobsite kitted out with kmart (TM) tools.

YMMV

TheSpinDoctor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DJ’s Timber View Post
    In case you didn’t know, you can use your WWF Username and Password here as well as Metalwork Forums

Good to know. I'll let this question run and then go back to the other one. Funny when I signed up here and tried to use the name it said someone else had it. I was like: who took my name!!!

Do you have a link to one of these bad (maybe really bad) boys

TheSpinDoctor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r3nov8or View Post
    Do you have a link to one of these bad (maybe really bad) boys
    Marketplace – NEW Rhinoceros XN10-8SE MIni excavator | Facebook

If you don't have fecesbook you can search for rhinoceros excavators. Can't find any reviews on them. Either company is very aggressive at suppressing reviews or no one is complaining about them...

TheSpinDoctor Guest

Just for an adventure I had a look at a couple today down in the big smoke. A Rhino and an Achillies (or something like that)... The Achillies looked like a rebranded cheaper version of the Rhino but cost more. The two Rhinos were 13K and 18K. Each included a full set of attachments. Difference was the 13k one came with a one lung Koot diesel and the 18k came with a three lung Kabota diesel. To be honest, though I know s#$t about excavators, I was mildly impressed. Not at all like what I expected to see in chinese crap. I'm leaning towards the three banger as the engine was much smoother and quiet. I've signed up for a course this Monday for four days of digging holes. Will be sussing out some things from those in the know... I expect to get some currie when I mention the chinese crap, but hey, anyone want to give me an extra 40k... I'll be happy to buy a Kabota. As the weasel in the insurance commercial says: Seemple

TheSpinDoctor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DJ’s Timber View Post
    Hey mate. Can you close this thread and kill the username. This ain't goin anywhere...

Tried to find a close account option but it seems I/we don't have that...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpinDoctor View Post
    Hey mate. Can you close this thread and kill the username. This ain't goin anywhere...

Tried to find a close account option but it seems I/we don't have that...
    Not really sure what response you are looking for? What do you buy these days not made in China? Some traditional brands will still be assembled in the "home" country, but all are basically rife with components from China.

Give it a go and let us know how you go