Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Electrical requirements for adding insulation to home?

Hi all,
    Just trying to understand the requirements for electrical work when getting insulation added to our home.
    I've received a quote and it includes installing a few RCBO's. Is this a requirement?
    Details below from quote.
    DESCRIPTION...................................................................................................................................................... Qty Rate Amount
    Supply and install RCBO to protect lighting / power circuit suitable for being completely surrounded by thermal insulation. 6.... $161.33 $967.98
    Supply and install RCBO to replace circuit breaker. 3 $161.33 $483.99
    Supply and install additional power circuit suitable for being completely surrounded by thermal insulation. 1 $366.67 $366.67
    Supply and install additional power circuit suitable for ducted air conditioning unit. 2 $750.00 $1,500.00

Electrical circuits need to be de-rated if the cable is surrounded by insulation, often work on electrical circuits requires them to be brought up to current code.

Without specifics of your installation it is impossible to verify the requirements on the quote but insulation may change the electrical requirements.
    RCBO’s also provide better protection for anyone using appliances in the house.

this scares me for what price i will get for installing new power point on my board.