Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: CA glue storage

Default CA glue storage

Might have been mentioned, though haven't seen it.

Store open CA glue in the freezer. Will keep for years. The thick glue will need to be brought out and warmed a bit but will still be good once warm.

No disrespect meant for previous post.

I'm not an expert on CA but have been using it (the good stuff) for well over 20 years.

Super Glue (CA) does not need to be frozen in fact that can be detrimental to the glue. See below info in blue from a number of other sources (not me).

It will keep for years if stored in the refrigerator and can be taken out and used immediately, without the need to warm it to bring it back to liquid. Warming it may also start the hardening process as has been reported in CA information elsewhere on the internet.

We use a lot of it at U-Beaut and have stored it in the fridge for years. (NO it isn't used in any of our polishing products) So long as the lid is secured well it keeps for ages and ages and I have never had a failure if a glue joint in the last 20+ years that I have refrigerated it.

For what it's worth:

• I always buy my CA from resellers who keep it under refrigeration all the time.
    • I only ever buy Loctite and only in 25ml bottles.
    • Often the tubes (especially the small ones) don't hold enough glue to do anything more than the smallest of jobs and I have even had small ones that had so little in them that it wouldn't squeeze out of the nozzle.

STORAGE OF SUPER GLUE

1/ Make sure the cap is fully closed before you store the super glue. Air and humidity will cause the super glue to dry out. You can extend the lifespan and effectiveness of your super glue by ensuring that it’s fully sealed after each use.
    Some caps snap into place to signal that the bottle is sealed.
    If the top screws on, be sure to screw it as tightly as possible.

2/ Keep the super glue container in an airtight bag. Moisture in the air can reduce the effectiveness of super glue. Place the tube of super glue in a Ziploc bag and squeeze out as much air as possible. Then seal the bag closed.[13]
    You can find airtight bags at department stores and online.
    Some airtight bags have a convenient zipper at the top you can use to lock them.
    Tip: If you have a lot of super glue containers that you want to keep from drying out, place them all into a vacuum-sealed storage bag and remove all of the air from the bag before you store it.

3/ Place the bag upright in your refrigerator. A refrigerator is cool, dark, and dry, which will extend the life of your super glue and keep it from drying out. Place the sealed plastic bag in your refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.[14]
    Cooling the glue in the refrigerator will not affect how well it flows out of the container.
    Don’t place the bag in your freezer or it could harden the super glue.

From another source:
    Avoid Freezing: Super glue should not be exposed to freezing temperatures. Freezing can cause the glue to degrade and lose its effectiveness. If you live in an area with cold winters, make sure to protect your super glue from freezing by storing it in a temperature-controlled environment.

I hope this information is of some help.

Cheers - Neil