Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tameriska,
    last place had a solar HWS, only needed to turn the electric elements on a few times in the 4 years we were there. I've got a 2nd hand solar system sitting in the garden, it's on the (long) list of things to do. I want to have a water jacket for the wood stove just to back everything else up, and figure if I do fire it up, I might as well get some hot water out of it too. Most (all?) solar systems are mains pressure and you can have a mains pressure wood fired HWS as well, just depends on the cylinder and how it's set up. I just wouldn't want a wood fired stove to be my only source of hot water, I reckon that electric booster elelment sounds good.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Cool Wellstood

Hi did you ever get the Wellstood up and running please. i have on in Western Australia and it is wonderful. i read today it is important to keep the bricks maintained so there is no crack.
    oh why did all the skilled people disappear? i am writing to also ask if you still have the page how to fit the firebricks and if you were able to source the right ones.

long live Wellstood.

Default How to fit firebricks

Quote Originally Posted by wellwell View Post
    Hi did you ever get the Wellstood up and running please. i have on in Western Australia and it is wonderful. i read today it is important to keep the bricks maintained so there is no crack.
    oh why did all the skilled people disappear? i am writing to also ask if you still have the page how to fit the firebricks and if you were able to source the right ones.

long live Wellstood.
    Hi I too would like to see the fitting instructions or the sizes of the Firebricks. I am attempting to convert a Wellstood that was converted to run on oil back to solid fuel and need any information that is out there . If you could send me any photos of the firebox grate ash pan and existing bricks that would be great. My email is aghadarra27atgmail.com. I’m in Ireland by the way.