Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think weeing on the vegies is a good idea. You don't have to add salt to the water when you cook them.

Geoff

Too much wee and the veges die, so no need for salt then, which does nothing to explain the Mona Lisa's smile, or indeed how she changes light globes.
    Boring signature time again!

Quote Originally Posted by outback
    which does nothing to explain the Mona Lisa's smile, or indeed how she changes light globes.
    Maybe she has discovered a different way to hold light globes and doesn't need either a power or hand tool globe changer.

Peter.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Q: How many Floridians does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: Don't know for sure, they're still counting.

Q: How many politicians does it take to change a light bulb ?
    A: Two. One to change it, and another one to change it back again.
    A: Four, one to change it and the other three to deny it.

Q: How many Conservative economists does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. The invisible hand does it.
    A: None. "There is no need to change the light bulb. All the conditions for illumination are in place. Recent surveys show growing confidence in the light bulb lighting up again."
    A: None, because, look! It's getting brighter! It's definitely getting brighter !!!

Q: How many economists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    A: None. If the light bulb really needed changing, market forces would have already caused it to happen.
    A: Two. One to assume the ladder and one to change the bulb.
    A: Two. One to assume the latter (a pun) and change the bulb.
    A: None. If the government would just leave it alone, it would screw itself in.

Q: How many Liberal Democrats does it take to change a light bulb ?
    A: None. "Well it's not really a question of should we change it or should we not change the light bulb, but more a question of...(blah blah waffle)"

Q: How many liberals does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    A: One liberal and twenty eight delegates representing all the social, economic, and ethnic communities.
    A: Two-one to do it and the other to keep the first one's knee from jerking.
    A: None: They can't remove the old ones since they are already part of the environment.

Q: How many social scientists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    A: They do not change light bulbs; they search for the root cause as to why the last one went out.

Q: How many conservatives does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: One; after reflecting in the twilight on the merit of the previous bulb.

Q: How many US Presidents does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    A: None, the constitution says that only Congress can screw in light bulbs, so only Congress is responsible for the dark, which is why we need a Constitutional amendment.
    A: Only one. If he can handle 250,000,000 people a day I think he can handle screwing one extra light bulb.

Q: How many women with PMS does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: One. Only ONE!! And do you know WHY? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb! They don't even know that the bulb is BURNED OUT! They would sit in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it out. And, once they figured it out, they wouldn't be able to find the light bulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past 17 YEARS! But if they did, by some miracle, actually find them 2 DAYS LATER, the chair they dragged to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE WRAPPER THE STUPID @*!#$% LIGHT BULBS CAME IN! WHY? BECAUSE NO-ONE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THAT ARE 12' DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE. THE HOUSE! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS #@*$!#@ HOUSE!

I'm sorry ... what did you ask me?
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

no no no they are not light bulbs/globes they are dark suckers and until they fill up they do it well
    Pete
    What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
    Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

So that's why they start out with a vacuum, its so they can suck up all the dark bits. Very clever.

Can I use a really big one in a Dust collector typoe situation?
    Boring signature time again!

for those for you who have the fluro "dark suckers" take note of the ends of the tubes, if the ends are going black it is possable that your electron filters are blocked. or you are getting inferior electricity.

For those of you who are geting "green" power a regular check of the green phase electron filter is recommended,

If your light fittings and switches are leaking water you are getting the cheeper Hydro power.
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev

If your bulbs have yellow petals its likely they are flowers and not dark suckers.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Too much wee and the veges die, so no need for salt then, which does nothing to explain the Mona Lisa's smile, or indeed how she changes light globes.
    She uses a candle.

Exclamation The Truth About Light

Remember, "light" actually blinds us all. In proof of this, please recognize that only in the absence of light, in the night time, are we able to see that there are so many other planets and stars, all of which, unlike our planet, may have intelligent life as the norm. Of course, if one stands at the bottom of a well and looks at the sky, they can see stars. But that is a stupid place to spend ones life, and only reinforces the original argument. Light is a conspiracy developed to dupe the human population into thinking extraterestrial life isn't out there. Rise up people, extend the darkness and see the Truth! Each and every lightbulb must be extinguished until darkness covers the face of the planet, only then will the aliens come to save us.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Light is a conspiracy developed to dupe the human population into thinking extraterestrial life isn't out there. Rise up people, extend the darkness and see the Truth! Each and every lightbulb must be extinguished until darkness covers the face of the planet, only then will the aliens come to save us.....
    Jeff what the hell have you been smoking? :eek:

How long has the Sun been a lightbulb? :confused:

and in case nobody noticed christmas is just around the corner and all those lights will be going up soon

Cheers Ian

Ps I have seen the light
    I changed the light globe/bulb/fluro/filliment/lamp etc etc
    Some People are like slinky's,
    They serve no purpose at all,
    but they put a smile on your face when you throw them down the stairs.

Default a lesson in posting

Question: is a lightbulb [light bulb] not an 'incandestance' device'?:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Brudda
    can anyone tell me where I might find the relevant OH&S documentation on changing lightglobe/bulbs?

please feel free to post links.
    The OH&S requirements probably require a qualified electrician to change the light bulb
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....
    rond

thats like our poor Rhubarb it did get peeeed on and bye bye RHUBARB :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: