Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Yippppppeeeeeee

Default Yippppppeeeeeee

Yippee,

14 months of living in 3 rooms was starting to lose its novelty.
    Our reno is almost complete....all we need to do is add some furniture and we will have a complete house again.
    Gone is our old 3x1 and in its place is a brand new extension comprising new main bedroom, laundry, ensuite, bathroom, family room, study , now it is a 3x2 but geez it seemed like a lot of work for what started out as "lets add another bathroom"

I have also enclosed a plan of the extension that was done for us by Archicentre that we ended up varying.

Then we can start on the garden, driveway , lanscaping etc....oh and oil the deck.

I will try to upload some pics......that should be interesting.

Cheers
    Steve
    if you always do as you have always done, you will always get what you have always got

Looks great steve,
    We've got a standard 3x1 and thinking of converting it to a 4x2. Any idea of the total cost of your reno?
    Cheers,

Adam

------------------------------------------

I can cure you of your Sinistrophobia

Hi Adam,

At the moment about 85K including an add on patio/carport and deck.

Pretty good considering that original quote from the builder was about the same ,less the patio, carport + deck.
    Archicentre did the original plan and they were well worth the money ( bout 800) spent the best part of a day with us and also looked at the local area.....we got a full report and the plan shown.
    That being said, i dont think they have much idea of prices, their original estimate was between 112K and 155K to complete what we did.
    Food for thought.

Cheers
    Steve
    if you always do as you have always done, you will always get what you have always got

Congratulations Steve, I know it was stressful & unimaginable inconvenience whilst it was mid project, but, hey it looks dam fine now.

The skirting in the living room really stands out as a quality job too ( ).

All in all an excellent job.

BTW...when is the housewarming?

Regards

Neil
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonay in one hand - Strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming - "WOO WOO...What a ride"

Really looks great Steve. You sound relieved.
    I'll be over tomorrow (Sat.) arvo with a carton and will clear out that Cori Iron in your driveway. Catch you then,
    Phill & Geraldine.