So I had a small part to make for a mate and it needed 16 flats milled on it as well as a slot and pin hole so I thought that I would finally get to use my milling attachment, I machined the part up with a 1/2" spigot on the back to hold it in the collet chuck on the little dividing head, first problem being is the dividing head is 24 teeth and obviously 16 isn't straight into 24 so I had to do half of the flats and slip it 22.5 degrees to finish that, then I drilled the pin hole so used a 3c collet for the drill bit then I needed to slot it, that was a major pain, I had to use 2 different size cutters to get the depth as it needed to have a slot started to get the next cutter through to finish size due to the size of the side and face cutters I have (must look for more of those), so all in all it would would have been much easier to go around the corner and use the mill at my brothers to do the job in about an eighth of the time, anyway at least I had a play with my attachments, no point having them if they don't get used I guess.
Attached Images

Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...