Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Source of plastic/FG rods?

Ok, I'm no sure if this is the best place for this thread, but as it's not timber, I didn't want to post in other sections.

So, I'm looking for a supply of HDPE/Fibreglass/etc solid rods, and hoping someone here might have a suggestion. Need to be 6mmx750mm, have a bit of flex, reasonably impact resistant, and under $6-$7 each. Preferably somewhere in Melbourne.

Full story: I make BDSM and fetish toys. I mainly work with timber, designing and building paddles and impact toys, bondage rigs, and occasional furniture.

One thing i make is turned timber handles for canes. The canes themselves are different materials: wood dowel, metal tubes/rods, and most often plastic or fibreglass rods. I have used kite rods, fishing rod sections and other items, usually covered with thin wall heatshrink. But I'm looking for a more consistent product.

Any suggestions?

I would have thought carbon tube would be used widely for canes, it’s light,strong,and sensitive. It’s readily available in multiple sizes.
    Carbon fiber tubes

Can't help with the rods, but it's interesting, the things woodworkers are asked to make. I had a commission to make boxes for sex toys (so the kids wouldn't find them).
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by riverbuilder View Post
    I would have thought carbon tube would be used widely for canes, it’s light,strong,and sensitive. It’s readily available in multiple sizes.
    Carbon fiber tubes
    I do use CF occasionally, but most of the time it doesnt have enough weight to it. Some like whippy light canes, but they're more the minority

Lol. There,s quite a few woodworkers around who do kink toys. For some of us its our primary business