Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Back to finish off that forgotten high school project - from 1986

In between thinking sessions of the next step in the chair rebuild, matching footstool, wife's Xmas present (jewellery box), another box, a Celtic knot candle, reconditioning a no.4 Stanley plane from the 50's/60's, rehandling a no.5 Stanley plane, making a gift for a friend, and testing out a new hinge drilling jig I have made, I decided that I didn't have enough on my plate so whilst in the throws of garage box diving on the weekend I found my Junior Industrial Arts project. A brass cannon. As you can see it has 20 years of tarnish which I hope to retain unless I get over zealous and buff it all back out to a beaming shine. Anyway I was never happy with the cart so I may remake with something a bit more authentic with brass strips over the pivots, wheels, chocks etc. anyway this is Dicky boys year end project that never made it to marking.

IMG_4689.jpg IMG_4690.jpg

And thats still till the same varnish as put on the pacific maple back in 1986.

But does it work. ��
    Just goes to show your true caliber......

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    But does it work. ��
    Just goes to show your true caliber......
    its solid brass so probably a bit soft. When I was younger and had access to gunpowder via the odd firecracker that I hadn't turned into a bunger, I'd often thought about drilling a fuse hole and firing it, but was more concerned with the loss of my good looking cannon, if it blew up instead of worked.