Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bouncers

And usually facing the other direction... :mad

Maybe they do that so they don't get spew on their lovely pressed suits

I saw one bouncer once throw a punch at a bloke who projectile spewed back at the bouncers face at the same time. I mean 'projectile' all right. Came out like a gushing water pipe.... the bloke dropped like a stone but the bouncer coped this blokes spew, right into his mouth :eek: , and all over his body......The bouncer lost it, got fiece and started to kick the crap out of this now unconcsious bloke on the ground.... the other bouncers tried to stop him by saying ......'don't,,,, stop,,, trev,,, don't,,, stop, trev....you'll kill him' .....thats all they did to try and stop him though, because they didn't want any rub off spew getting on their suits either....

Tossers , the lot of them, really,,,,, don't like bars and pubs because of this sort of stuff. Never understood why people get angry when they drink anyway. ....When I have a drink, I just drift away with a smile on my face, and just relax. A happy drunk

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by apricotripper
    When I have a drink, I just drift away with a smile on my face, and just relax. A happy drunk
    SWMBO tells me that when I drink too much I become offensive at the 3 rd level.
    1. Sleep
    2. Snore loudly
    3. Fart
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Like Tripper I also drove taxis but in Melbourne for 12 years on Friday and Saturday nights.

Saw lots of drunks, druggies and bouncers. I can recall good and bad drunks, the rare occurrence of something basically resembling reasonable amongst the druggies but nothing good about the bouncers. I can’t ever recall meeting a bouncer with any IQ or personality.

Bouncers act like bullies and fight in packs, they are given the power to decide who gets into the night clubs and who doesn’t, they antagonise people. Maybe there are some good ones it’s just that I never saw them.

I don’t visit any establishment where there are bouncers.

If the place is so rough they need people to break up fights then why would I want to go in?

If the place is so crowded someone needs to limit the number of patrons why would I want to go in?

If the establishment places it’s entire judgement of the patrons by the clothes they wear why would I want to go in?

Some people, wait in long queues so they can be judged by a bouncer if they are suitable to fork out good money to go into a crowded hostile bar with poor service and rip off prices.

I guess I’m just not with it!

To criticise bouncers is like shooting fish in a barrel, the difference being the fish are less slimy, smarter and braver and the barrel is more appealing than the holes where bouncers are employed.
    - Wood Borer

Quote Originally Posted by DanP
    What are you suggesting?
    Im suggesting that it isnt only bouncers who have been known to hit from behind.

Other patrons seem to do it pretty well also.
    if you always do as you have always done, you will always get what you have always got

Why are they called bouncers anyway??? None that I have seen bear any particular resemblance to Doug's avatar....

P