Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Wedding Ceremony

At a wedding ceremony, the pastor asked if anyone had anything to say concerning the union of the bride and groom.
    It was their time to stand up and speak, or forever hold their peace.
    The moment of utter silence was broken by a beautiful, young, blonde woman carrying a child. She started walking slowly toward the pastor .
    Everything quickly turned to chaos. The bride slapped the groom. The groom's mother fainted.
    The groomsmen started giving each other looks and wondering how best to help save the situation.
    The pastor asked the woman, "Can you tell us why you came forward? What do you have to say?"
    The blonde replied, "We can't hear in the back."
    To grow old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

True story. Back in the mid 1970's when I was an adolescent, one of our group was getting married.

The scene was an old church and there was a group of us, both boys and girls who used to hang around together.

At the appropriate time in the ceremony, when the priest says the usual lines of 'if anyone knows why this wedding should not proceed, speak now or forever hold your peace'. Totally out of the blue the girl sitting next to me, squeaks in a very childlike voice "But Daddy what about Mummy". It was meant to be a whisper, to only be heard by those next to her.

However, and I am sure we can all relate to this, the background noise in the church suddenly fell silent at the exact time that she uttered the sentence. The words carried throughout the whole church which everyone heard. Everything stopped and there were gasps of horror.

This however was temporary as our group burst out laughing, and then the rest of the church realised that it was a joke.