Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glass plate piccys.

Long before I became the joint owner of the Craporium, I have had an interest in old photograph, cameras, light meters, darkroom light, images, etc.

Here are some old photos that I bought from an auction some years ago that are on 6x4" glass plates.
    As we speak they are wasting away, I could smell the emulsion as I copied them tonight.

Al

More.

Al

More still, I hope you enjoy them.
    I always think of how hard these ppl had life.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    More still, I hope you enjoy them.
    I always think of how hard these ppl had life.

Al
    Nice pics oz and good on you for preserving them and sharing them with us...

Just wondering if kid with sheep in first batch is you ... how cute --- thought you were ozzie from name but maybe kiwi )

Thanks again
    albert

Do you know anything of the phographs, the State Library may be intererested in having or copying what you have , or a local historical society, particularly if some information is known

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by aabb
    Just wondering if kid with sheep in first batch is you ...
    albert
    actually reminds me of old pic i have somewhere at about that age except i have pair of tarten trousers on and am with old sheep dog - ah the memories

Id say from the picys, they are from the 1920's, and of oz origin going by the sharp shadows.
    There are not too may places on the planet that you get so sharp a shadow.

Al

No wonder you ended up with these Al, they are all out of focus!!

I got to play with 11" X 14" glass negs when I was at Uni........ some time ago.
    I've never seen anything in negitave form that was as sharp! We printed them using a horizontal 11X14 enlarger, it took 2 people, one to adjust the focus & one to tell when the image was in focus. Exposure times were generally 180 seconds & greater on modern paper.
    Cheers

Major Panic

Anyone know what sort of truck this is?

Al

Im not sure what type of truck it it but you can pretty much guarantee that it finished its days as a pile of oxidied metal in a paddock somewhere!

great photos by the way. you should probably be careful wrt all the stuff you breathe in in the craporium mate, old timers didnt know what we did about lead poisioning and all that stuff, if its not cancerous it may be at least skin eating or whatever... did you hear that they reckon teflon coated frypans are supposed you cause some sort of illness too now. I bet Dupont is going "Oh bugger me no! not another one!!!!"

going by the look of your avatar you've already breathed in too much craporium stuff - either that or the piddle dow the side of your building is leaching into the walls....
    Zed

An old one Al, looking for a new pick up truck for thecrapatorium ? I know p**** orf Pete
    I too would like to know.
    as an aside they had a old truck show in the Alice recently and we saw quite a few heading up there on their own steam or should I say petrol
    some very nicely restored units too
    Pete
    What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
    Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

I would hazard a guess and say that it is European. Possibly a Renault. BUT I could be wrong.

One of the best collection of glass negatives that I have ever seen printed was in Cooktown. Found by accident and furiously trying to be saved before they detoriate too far.

Question Old Truck

Al, The truck looks a bit like 1918 ac model mack, cant be sure but it looks very similiar. Will do some more research.

Regards Mike.

Al, the last Truck pictured is almost definetly a Foden (kero and petrol not steam).

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}