Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Browsing with a PDA

In case there is anyone else that browses occasionally with a PDA, here are some set up ideas I've found useful.

1. Active avatars make the screen jump around while they are loading, you can turn them off.

2. Avatars take up valuable screen space. If you go to User panel/options and scroll through the list you can turn them off.

3. Signatures take up more screen real estate. Go to the same place as above and turn off signatures too.

These tips make browsing and posting quite achievable with a PDA setup for wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by Groggy
    1. Active avatars make the screen jump around while they are loading, you can turn them off.

I find the animated avatars annoying, and with the increased use of them I turned the avatars off a while ago. Now they don't annoy me.

However sometimes I wonder what you guys are talking about?

Peter.

Default Mouse Gestures - Firefox extension

I use Firefox's Mouse Gestures extension so I rarely have to use the keyboard when browsing the forum.

You navigate using your mouse to 'draw' the action you want. For example, I right-click drag up through a link to open it in a new tab, then drag down anywhere on the window to close the tab (my custom setting - I think the default is to drag right-left-right as though you were rubbing it out).

You can quickly increase the text size by 'slashing' from top-left to bottom-right (the reverse shrinks the text again). Great when I don't have my specs with me.