Hey guys.

I've never installed window glass in my life and I've got a number of panes to install in refurbished wooden casement windows. I figured it as a simple enough job with putty and some Glazier's Points, but just to make sure I was on the right track I called up some YouTube videos.

I discovered a few things I didn't know, like it takes many weeks for linseed oil-based putty to dry enough to be painted, and that you have to paint over the putty with oil-based paint. I have quite a bit of paint - all that I need for upcoming jobs anyway - and it's all water-based acrylic. I don't want to have to buy more just to paint over some putty.

Anyway, then I came across this video:
https://youtu.be/rvO0seXfesQ

Sounds to me like the latex window glazing compound has many advantages, including easier and faster to apply. I couldn't an Australian source for the the Dap brand that the Yank uses in the video and buying it online from overseas is very expensive.

So can any of you pros suggest a readily available equivalent I can buy in Australia, with all those advantages over linseed oil putty:
- latex
- apply from caulking gun
- suitable for wood
- quick curing time
- paint over with acrylic

Any and all recommendations, warnings and cautions welcome.

Read and reply to the full thread at RenovateForum.com....