Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Bed design help

Default Bed design help

I'm working on designing a loft bed for my daughter that would have a desk underneath. I was considering doing frame and panel around the outside of the bed, but am caught up on how to attach the panels to the posts (2 1/4" square hardwood). Would it be considered bad design if the rails had both a mortise to attach the stiles, and a tenon to attach to the posts? Are there other problems that could possibly come up this way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jdubs77 View Post
    I'm working on designing a loft bed for my daughter that would have a desk underneath. I was considering doing frame and panel around the outside of the bed, but am caught up on how to attach the panels to the posts (2 1/4" square hardwood). Would it be considered bad design if the rails had both a mortise to attach the stiles, and a tenon to attach to the posts? Are there other problems that could possibly come up this way?

sounded like what I use to make. I think it will be difficult when you try to put them together but other than that it should be ok??

can you give us a sketch?
    SCM L'Invincibile si X, SCM L'Invincibile S7, SCM TI 145EP, SCM Sandya Win 630, Masterwood OMB1V, Meber 600, Delta RJ42, Nederman S750, Chicago Pneumatics CPRS10500, Ceccato CDX12

I can probably put together a sketch later. I also had a thought about the difficulty of putting it all together, but figured I would built the ends first as a sub-assembly and then connect them with the rails afterwards.

Is the bed going to be incorporated as part of the bed?