Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Myrtle value

Default Myrtle value

Hello all, I’m hoping someone on here can give me an idea of the value of some timber that I’ve decided to sell.

I bought a myrtle log and had it cut up for some projects that I had in mind about 7 years ago and its been stacked in the shed ever since. For various reasons the projects are not likely to happen now, so I need to sell it. Problem is, I have no idea what it’s worth.

It’s in very good order, nice and straight with no shakes that I can see. It is cut as follows:

(2600 x 60 x 60) x 6 pieces
    (2600 x 30 x 105) x 4 pieces
    (2600 x 30 x 195) x 12 pieces
    (2600 x 60 x 195) x 3 pieces

Is price simply calculated by volume, or should the sizes be taken into account?

My thanks in advance for your help.

I can't answer your question.

However, if you listed your location, then maybe someone more experienced would consider having a look at it, and give you a guestimate.

Quote Originally Posted by cava View Post
    I can't answer your question.

However, if you listed your location, then maybe someone more experienced would consider having a look at it, and give you a guestimate.
    I'm in Tassie, near Burnie. I've been trying to list my location, but apparently I "don't have access to that page."

Hi

Roughly $4500 a cube for the 30mm boards, maybe $5500 a cube for the 60mm thick timber. Anything over 50mm thick in myrtle is very prone to internal checking. It will only show up on the surface as a fine hairline crack, hardly visible. Have a close look. The darker richer colours are worth more than the light plain pink timber.

Cheers
    James.

Quote Originally Posted by tassietimbers View Post
    Hi

Roughly $4500 a cube for the 30mm boards, maybe $5500 a cube for the 60mm thick timber. Anything over 50mm thick in myrtle is very prone to internal checking. It will only show up on the surface as a fine hairline crack, hardly visible. Have a close look. The darker richer colours are worth more than the light plain pink timber.

Cheers
    James.
    Excellent. Thanks very much James.