Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default best substrate for clock face

Hi all,
    A lady has asked me to make a clock face using a company logo as the back ground. The logo is in a self adhesive form with brown paper backing. The question is what kind of substrate would be best to use. It would have to be non-porous like acrylic or Perspex maybe. Then again maybe I could stick the whole thing (backer and all) to mdf. I only have one sticker, so I can' t stuff up . Anybody else had this experience. Regards,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy69 View Post
    Hi all,
    A lady has asked me to make a clock face using a company logo as the back ground. The logo is in a self adhesive form with brown paper backing. The question is what kind of substrate would be best to use. It would have to be non-porous like acrylic or Perspex maybe. Then again maybe I could stick the whole thing (backer and all) to mdf. I only have one sticker, so I can' t stuff up . Anybody else had this experience. Regards,
    Ross
    I can NOT speak with any authority, as I have not done this, but just thinking about it, I imagine that 6mm perspex would be about perfect. It is easy to cut and drill. It is robust. The sticker will take to it very well. If you use a movement with an inbuilt "hanger", then you should be right. I guess you would use stick on numbers, stuck over the face of the sticker?

Cheers
    Walesey

What did you decide on using?

Hi Christos,
    I haven,t done anything yet. Been busy with family. Cheers Ross