Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: moving overseas

Default moving overseas

Hi i'm looking to move back to Ireland at the end of the year, considering i have built up quiet a collection of tools in the last five years i would like to ship them home rather than have to try and sell them here and buy them again back there, i was just wondering does anyone any freight companies as the only ones i have found deal in house moves eg furniture that sort of thing. Hope someone can help, Thanks.

We recently moved from Melbourne to the Gold Coast and I had all my work machinery go in the container along with our furniture. Smaller tools and items I put into boxes. The only stuff I didn't transport this way was chemicals. Now I know it's not quite overseas but I don't see why you couldn't bundle it with your furniture seeing as it will more than likely be in a container. I also don't know what tools/machinery you have either, but I had a large concrete grinder, vacuums, 3ph generator a associated floor grinding/polishing equipment.

Years ago I worked with a fellow who shipped stuff overseas. When he only had small quantities it was packaged and sent with other clients freight in a container.

This should still be an option.

Any freight forwarder should be able to use what is called LCL which is part loading of a container. They arrange pick up, packing into the container and everything up to delivery at the destination. It is a very painless exercise and not hugely expensive. PM me if you want the name of someone, location means nothing BTW.
    CHRIS