Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  73
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Quote Originally Posted by chambezio View Post
    Yes Bob I couldn't agree more!!!
    At last, we have TIME to do all those things that paid work precluded but.....its hard to move around- beginning of arthritis, hard to see fine work- failing eyesight, what you did yesterday affects what you try to do today- aching muscles and joints. And so it goes on
    One thing though....to see a doctor doesn't mean you have to take time off work but you have to wait a while to get in
    Yep agree whole heartedly. One thing I am slowly coming to grips with is just relaxing and going with the flow. Not worrying about if it does not happen today, it might happen tomorrow and not stressing if it never happens. One sign of this is not minding if someone needs to go ahead of me on something, e.g. a mum with a couple of young kids in tow, or an even older person who clearly is being stressed our for whatever reason.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BobL View Post
    Yep agree whole heartedly. One thing I am slowly coming to grips with is just relaxing and going with the flow. Not worrying about if it does not happen today, it might happen tomorrow and not stressing if it never happens. One sign of this is not minding if someone needs to go ahead of me on something, e.g. a mum with a couple of young kids in tow, or an even older person who clearly is being stressed our for whatever reason.
    Going with the flow is the only way to go. I was going to play Larry with a big stick on being retired. Didn't happen, did it?

Most of my plans have been put on hold, modified or totally scrapped. For a long time over the last couple of years I simply
    couldn't be bothered doing much. Despite that I have done quite a bit, albeit with a fair degree of help.
    The discovery of the brain problem and its subsequent treatment has given me a new lease on life.
    I still take things easy because I need to and not because I''m a lazy bugger as I had begun to think about myself.
    If something isn't done today there is always another day.