Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Painter9 (corel software)

I purchased painter9 (corel) from Amazon last week and it is crashes after almost every brush stroke. (like being in a word program and every time you touch your keyboard the program would crash)

I struggled for 3 days thinking perhaps I was not computer literate enough and then telephoned Corel support and got the message to have my credit card handy . I rang off and went on the web looking for forum support re Painter 9. Everyone else seems to be having the same problem as me

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=251826

So beware if interested in this sort of software.

(I have returned the program to Amazon has not off merchantable quality).

My experience of above
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Hi ya jow,

My sister is a Corel junkie and she is ALWAYS ringing me saying " the Corel program has just forzen/crashed/caused a system crash/dosen't work" So don't think you are alone.
    If a want a good graphics program just buy Photoshop, it's the industry standard after all.
    Cheers

Major Panic

I use GIMP.

It's free and it works.

www.gimp.org
    Photo Gallery

MajorP,

You are correct of course, the beauty of painter 9 is that it had dedicated art tools and didn't rely solely on vector art.

I have used photoshop trial programs and the artwork can be long winded but agree you get there in the end. Anyway direct your sister to that link if the lady has not seen that site. Some technicians around there by the looks of it.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by jow104
    MajorP,

You are correct of course, the beauty of painter 9 is that it had dedicated art tools and didn't rely solely on vector art.

I have used photoshop trial programs and the artwork can be long winded but agree you get there in the end. Anyway direct your sister to that link if the lady has not seen that site. Some technicians around there by the looks of it.
    Hey jow,

Photoshop 9 has pretty good vector support but for the real thing you need Illustrator which is the industry standard for vector based graphics.
    You can go to almost any printing company with any version of an Illustrator file & have it printed without worry.
    I had to get a bisiness card printed for a relative who created the graphic in Corel & was told I needed it to be in a MUCH earlier program version. I said to the printer I thought that was a bit steep & he said that was the standard for Corel files in our city (population 2.2Mil pepole) :eek: :eek:
    Cheers

Major Panic