Hi Everyone

Long time lurker here, looking to start an extension to my semi-detached house in Maroubra, NSW.

Essentially I have conceptual plans for either a 3 or 4 bedroom design, but it all hinges on the answer to the question below:

I share a party wall with my neighbour. The back wall of my house is perpendicular to the shared wall. There is a window in this wall that is currently 900mm away from the shared wall. I'd like to move this window (and make it considerably taller) moving it as close to the shared wall as is legally allowed. See the attached image for a visual explanation
walls.png

I've checked the local development codes for NSW, as well as all the parts of the BCA that could be relevant, and I can't find any information on the minimum separation distances when there is an existing shared wall and the window doesn't face the boundary.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I'm likely to find this information? I'd like to at least have the conceptual design before I start working with draghtsmen on plans for CDC submission
Attached Images

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...