Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default jow104 coming in

coming in via i/e9
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

and again
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

and againa again
    woody U.K.

last test
    woody U.K.

john trying
    woody U.K.

It appears to post the compatible view needs resetting each time for i/e9

edit added below

hip hooray I think I have cracked it.
    woody U.K.

Is there any reason you're not running Chrome browser (or other alternative) instead of IE? You can have more than one browser on your PC, just need to nominate which is the default primary one.

I switched to Chrome about a year ago after constant issues with IE, and never looked back. IE is still installed on the machine, so I can use it if a site specifically only works properly on IE, but would probably only use it a couple of times a year.

Good to see you're back on the air anyway !

FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brush View Post
    Is there any reason you're not running Chrome browser (or other alternative) instead of IE? You can have more than one browser on your PC, just need to nominate which is the default primary one.

I switched to Chrome about a year ago after constant issues with IE, and never looked back. IE is still installed on the machine, so I can use it if a site specifically only works properly on IE, but would probably only use it a couple of times a year.

Indeed. IE is probably the worst you can use, except maybe Safari on a PC - good on Macs apparently. Near as I can tell the most popular browser these days is Firefox. I find it excellent, particularly with some of the free add-ons such as Ad-block.

I never use IE, haven't done for 3-4 years. Sometimes it opens up because of a link, and its only then that I realise what I haven't been missing. MAN it's agricultural.

During the upgrade of the forum last year there was a period when IE just would not work AT ALL. I was having sloooooowwwwwwness with Firefox and the Forum (just the forum) for a couple of weeks and so switched the forum to Chrome, but boy did I miss the features.
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brush View Post

My particular problem is age related, I have used i/e since 1998 and I have a massive favourites list. If I use Chrome woodwork forums begin with W and thats a long way down if I hunt for the link using favourites transferred from i/e.
    In addition after 15 years of use on i/e at my age it is difficult to change and learn something new.
    woody U.K.

Upgraded to I/e10 today. here goes!

edit, it works.
    woody U.K.