Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Little advice on what finish to use please.

Hi, I am making a bed head out of a little bit of illawara plum/brown pine. Its gong to have an inly of malachite in the hollows through the board. I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice on a finish that will still bring out the golden brown of the pine, but wont dim the green of the stone to much. The board in the photo still needs to be edged up an it will have a bit of black bean on top an bottom of it. So hopefuly I will be able to use the same finish for the same result on both timbers. Any suggestions or advice would be very helpful. Thaks for your help -Matt20130328_172819.jpg20130328_173012.jpg

White Shellac (dewaxed) Will bring out the grain in the timber and make it pop, without darkening either the timber or the stone any more than wetting with water.

No matter what you choose to use it would be a good idea to have a small piece done that you can give it a go on before jumping in boots and all.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers - Neil

Thanks Neil, I had never even heard of that stuff. I have straight edged the slab now an have been playing around with danish oil an a shellawax on the off cuts to see the effect. So I will definatley grab a bottle of the stuff you recomended an give it a try. Thanks for the advice. Cheers Matt