Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
    Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Default Comment from Gumby

I received a little message from Gumby a few days ago re typo's, he said his fingers didn't match the keys.
    Having said that I had an altercation a few months ago bewteen an espresso and the keyboard.
    Exit keyboard, bigger and better model in front of me.
    Problem now is, and from hereon I shall not correct errors, I keeo hitting wrong keys and two at a time.
    Is there a DIFFERENCE WITH KEYBOARDS, I thought they were a standard size but I keep hitting keys I wasn't aiming for.
    Unfortunately I didn't keep the old one for comparis\on so I have absolutelu no idea.
    Anybody out there help or is it just me????
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Just work on one keyboard and you'll be right. I'm a touch typist and using someone else's keyboard is always a drama for me, though usually short term. Going to my ancient laptop is always a hassle.

Richard

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

My laptop has a different layout with the shift and caps lock, I get used to that, theonly diffence I can see with the new keyboard is the plethora of options at the very top, diect links to email-internet-calc-media-my computer-etc. Apart from that it appears the same.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Takes me between 5 and 10 seconds to find each key before I hit it, so I try to make sure it is the right one.

Someone knocked a full glass of red over onto my old keyboard and forgot to tell me about it. This one is much more sensitive. Hold a keey down a fraction of a second to long and it thinks you wantt that letter twice.
    Mick

avantguardian

Seeing as how I appear to have started this, I bought a new cordless keyboard and mouse a while back. the keyboard has keys which are angled inwards. Lokks trendy but is bloody awful to type on. The one I post messages from at work during the day is an old style and I have less errors but still, it's rushing, two fingered typing and not looking at the screen until after I've done the whole message which causes the problems. I'm forever spelling Triton as 'Trion' as an example. Don't know why but that 'T' key just doesn't always register. maybe I'll try thr red wine soluion.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

On the topic of keyboards.
    I have a friend in the US and complained to her that my keyboard was rubbish. That is about 3 keyboards ago and it had been subjected to the abuse of grand-children usage.
    Her solution was that I put it in the dishwasher with all the dishes :eek: and, after the wash was completed, that I then dry it right out in the clothes dryer on a low setting.
    Nothing to lose, so I did it.
    That keyboard came up like a new one and is still in use by one of the grand-kids.
    I don't advise the remedy. I am just passing on the information.

Gingermick. There is a software way to change the sensitivity of keys so that you can dwell on one without it going into repeat mode.

It only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth.

Yeah, but what are the grandkids using it for? :eek:

Richard

I think my keys keep shuffleing, Im sure they are watching me, there, they are doing it now!! :eek:

Every time I go to press them, they move.
    Seams to be the more I drink, the more they move......

Al

I went and did a touch typing course.

Lots of young ladies and me the only bloke.......sweeeet

What were you touching?????

Al :eek:

That's a touching story
    Photo Gallery

When I used to go to work some 'B' swapped around some of the key tops on my Kbd.

Do you think that stuffed the rest of the day. :confused: :confused:

A friend of mine walked into his office and found his son flicking the keys off the keyboard. They all went back on properly but he reckons it was fun working out which key went where.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Gingermick
    Someone knocked a full glass of red over onto my old keyboard and forgot to tell me about it. This one is much more sensitive. Hold a keey down a fraction of a second to long and it thinks you wantt that letter twice.
    Gingermick If you are running windows xp go to control panel click on keyboard and you will be able to adjust to repeat rate with the slider

It wasn't me with the red I work hard at not spilling any

Rgds
    Russell