Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Tormek Thumbs Up

Last July or so I lost a couple of parts from one of my sharpening jig on my T7 Tormek. To replace the jig would of cost me in excess of $120. So I contacted the distributor to see if I could buy the parts and they said it was possible to source them. All I had to do was contact the reseller, which I did. I got an answer back that they were waiting for a reply from Sweden. Six months later, no answer from the reseller. Six months later, the distributor is not returning my calls or email.

A few nights ago I emailed 'Sweden' (Tormek) directly. They were most apologetic (why should they?) on behalf of the lazy Australian reseller and distributor and sent me the parts free of charge. I must reiterate, I was always willing to pay for the parts.

Took 2 days for Sweden to get back to me. That's service for you.
    -Scott

Good to hear. And that's what you'd expect given the brand and the money.

Promac? Nah, won't put my money their way again.
    Cheers, Ern

I know you're not a fan of the Tormek Ern however I've become quite attached to mine. Once you sort out your settings and get the inevitable re-grind out the way, it's a breeze. Saying that, I'm not overly happy with the grey stone. It takes way too long to re-grind or (or if you accidentally put a ding in your tool). I'll invest in the black stone soon. You bought the Pro Edge Ern, what do you think of it?

And Promac? Very lazy company, in my opinion.
    -Scott

Oh, and I'm not sure why Promac have exclusivity to importing the Tormek, it just adds another layer to the price.
    -Scott

No Scott, I have learned to dismiss my tool lust when it comes to wetgrinders, having had two.

If you're sharpening or regrinding tools you'll prob have found by now that 2 mins is good before regrading/truing. (Enjoy the mess).

And there's no positive lock on the gouge jig knuckle joint so it's always trial and error unless you're flush enough for one for each tool. Why in heaven's sake don't they do a spline joint? That's a lay-down misere ffs.

Yeah, I'm playing with a linisher designed for turners. See the WT section of the forum; ProEdge.

Hope your paw is recovering.
    Cheers, Ern