Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jchappo View Post
    I use a Firefox Addon called Ghostery.
    It allows you to block any tracking software, and also tells you what is being blocked.
    For instance, it is blocking Google Adsense and Google Analytics when I browse these forums.
    Interesting to note that when I visit the Google site (on which I have opted out of tracking in my Google prefences), there is nothing to block. This suggests that Google are respecting my wishes.
    Thanks John will look into those for sure, although I already have other block settings.

Edited Just went and checked privacy settings in Firefox and "All ways Use Private Browesing" had been changed to off.

Default Dear Master Splinter,

Click the link below to take advantage our our great one-time specials on quills and ink!
    Also, with every order over $100, we'll include a genuine blood-collection set, complete with needles, tubing and sterile blood bag.
    Click NOW!

Cheers,
    Google

Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    I block google tracking links and flush cookies as I can't get results that are tailored enough. I'd be happier if there was a master page where I could, well, tick things like this:

[ ] No, I don't want to see ads promoting installation of 1.5kw worth of solar panels for $15,000
    [ ] In fact, I don't want to see any ads that take me as a fool
    [ ] I never want ads that mention Facebook or Twitter
    [ ] When I'm in the market for a car or a dating site, I'll let you know. Promise.
    [ ] My classification for 'unrepeatable red hot bargains' is where the retail and wholesale importer's margins are 10% or less
    [ ] Please categorise me as 'profoundly deaf' so no ad is ever temped to make a noise to get my attention
    [ ] Six ads on one page all saying 'Remove stale pet odours' is overkill for someone without a pet
    [ ] If I want to see animated Flash ads that block the page underneath till I dismiss them, I'll write you a note. On paper. With quill and ink. Signed in blood. Your blood.

Don't put too much faith in the "Do Not Track" option in browsers. Advertisers interpret it slightly differently than you think.

To me "Do Not Track" means "Advertisers, please don't collect or store any information relating to me without my specific permission".

To Advertisers, it means "Don't serve me targeted ads based on my browsing, but please continue to collect, store, analyse and monetise information about me".

Why Do Not Track is worse than a miserable failure | ZDNet

I think I'll continue to use Adblock and Ghostery....