Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default New Format of Ubeaut

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I am not happy.
    I am all for change when it is demonstrated it will achieve efficiencies, but this new format has thrown me. I don't like the colours, the display, the format, the navigation, you name it, I don't loke it. Boy, have I just got myself banned? Do I need to change how I view things here?
    Willy
    Jarrahland

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Nelson View Post
    Do I need to change how I view things here?
    Willy
    Jarrahland
    Poor Willy he's not happy.

Yes, you may need to change how you view things here, for I feel sure that the forum will not change back.

Peter.

I'm with Willy on this one, I don't like it either, but spose I will get used to it as time goes by,

Pete

Apparently many things will be fixed. Refer to this thread, post #81

Hi Willy,

I also dislike the new appearance, in addition the large clunky fonts, and the larger page size which means I'm now having to scroll up and down, and side to side to use the site.
    I would like to be given some information about what the wonderful new things are which are "in the pipeline", as anticipating them may help me overlook all the changes which I am not liking.
    I also don't know why changing the underlying forum engine means changes to the presentation, or why users cannot have a choice of how they view the forum.

Finally, however, there are several places and posts where it's clearly stated that this is a "benevolent dictatorship", and if you don't like a change made by the owner, tough!
    While this isn't the most customer friendly attitude, it has never been been otherwise, so my approach is to walk away for a while, as I'm sure there is still work in progress, and wait until I feel a "need" to revisit, rather than visiting out of habit, and having my annoyances reinforced.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Few options really

Wait see if it changes
    Buy your own forum software, start up your own forum and manage it the way you want in your own time in additon to your work day for all the greatful people who you will provide a free service and information
    Finally dont log back on

Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they
    bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs .

Actually, I quite like it, and haven't had some of the issues with scrolling etc.. that have been mentioned by others. That may be the browser I'm using though - I'm using the current version of Chrome on my laptop, and the current version of Safari on my iPad, and both work just fine.

All things that change need a bit of time to get used to,i'm sure we will.
    I had got used to the old way and when I went to the renovators forum I thought that was not as well done.
    But for all the effort that the owners go to they don't need any grief,after all it is free to use so like the kids say today SUCK IT UP
    Keep up the good job.

Finally, however, there are several places and posts where it's clearly stated that this is a "benevolent dictatorship", and if you don't like a change made by the owner, tough!

Thought for the day.
    When it becomes more difficult to suffer than change -- then you will change. Anon.
    "The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot.. it can't be done.
    If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run.
    And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better"

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Nelson View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I am not happy.
    I am all for change when it is demonstrated it will achieve efficiencies, but this new format has thrown me. I don't like the colours, the display, the format, the navigation, you name it, I don't loke it. Boy, have I just got myself banned? Do I need to change how I view things here?
    Willy
    Jarrahland
    I tried to give you a call at work but you weren't there. Give me a call if you like and we can discuss it.

Greg (the other mod on the work WW forum).

In the meantime, can we please keep the discussion in the one thread (link in post #4).

LATE EDIT: I caught up with Willy on the telling bone a few minutes ago.

Default New Format of Ubeaut (Take two)

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen

I used a link I have on my desktop which took me to the Ubeaut website. As stated below, I was not happy with the new format (as stated below). I have just returned from Darwin after a succesful Australian Indoor Beach Volleyball Titles, Grand Masters divison. Anyhoo, I clicked on the link, everthing looked the same, I couldn't see any phtos, it all looked wrong,Grumpfffff, still not happy. I decided to 'Log' out and back in. Ahhhh everything looks familiar, I can see photos, etc, so Willy is happy again (as the song goes).

Cheers
    Willy
    Jarrahland

New Format of Ubeaut
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I am not happy.
    Willy
    Jarrahland