Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Whitestivo - Coorparoo

Righto, name is Phil, live in Coorparoo

A camphor destroyed my shed, but i revenged the shed and tore down the camphor as BCC cleared it as class 3 weed.

So now I got a shtload of camphor in my backyard. The reason i'm introducing myself is a bloke drove past saturday with a chain saw (he's obviuosly been past previously), and he took quite a few big branches and was wrapped and so was i that it was gone. He said to post it up. I'd like see tree go to good use before it gets mulched. his chainsaw wasnt' big enough and he said something about chopping down rather than across (about 4m stump left, 900 across, + a shtload of branches solid branches good for bowls and boards). I'd also be happy to pay someone to make me up a couple of items from it. Tree about 30-40 years old.

I contacted Greenslopes Woodturners, and now i post here if anyone wants something, take it.I rang up some mobile millers to slab it, just don't know what to do. I don't own a lathe, and i'm as practical as a flyscreen in a submarine, so i'd rather see other people use it.

Can contact me on 0437 - 833 - 46---5

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'Day & Welcome to the forum Phil,
    What an introduction to the forum.
    So from the sounds of it you're not a bloke who loves his woodwork in the shed, though appreciate it.
    I'd encourage you to post a few photos in the "wood turning section" asking what you've said here in your introduction.
    I'm sure someone will help move the timber on & sort out a few items for yourself.
    Cheeers, crowie

Image0 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I don't like to see anything wasted, so I'd like to see people get use out of this item. I'd love to get either one of those house labels with the name of the house burnt into the wood, or a coffee table.

I dont' know where to start with it, so thought i'd start here.

I do own a couple of chisels and an orbital sander...

Welcome to the forum Phil

Welcome aboard Phil, you in a great spot for some really good turning timber.
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

Welcome to the forum.