Well, it's looking like as disaster. I have just had the full inside of the house plastered. Not a great job, but the biggest problem is the plasterers have cut some of the sheets higher than 42mm, which means I will have to have 66mm architraves. I have had 55mm cornices fitted already, and it is going to look odd and out of proportion. I have to have the house finished asap, and I'm looking at my options. Other than having the plasterboard removed and redone, is there a product (putty etc) which could fill the gaps, and be able to have pine architraves attached (nailed?). 2/3rds of the windows need attention.

If it is not possible to do this, I might have to look at putting 90 cornices in. Can a 90mm be put straight over a 55mm. This is not a preferred option, but at least there would be a sense of proportion.

The other option I thought of is not having architraves, and having the windows perfect set, ie all plastered edges.

If i had to stay with 66mm, can anyone suggest an architrave style which might at least look a little less odd. I had chosen standard bullnose originally.

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Read and reply to the full thread at RenovateForum.com....