folks, we are in brisbane and have had a fabulous new glass block window made for our bathroom by BlokUp at Nundah. it lets in so much more light than the old single hopper and is heaps more secure than louvres. the window is 4 blocks across and three high and is then supposed to have a hopper window on top. This part they buy in from a third party provider, install and make it look seemless before you pick it up.

we went about this process @@@@ about elbow and had actually installed the glass block window before the hopper was ready (we had a gaping hole to fill in one wall and couldn't wait the extra two weeks for the hopper to be built). When we picked up the hopper, it wasn't to my satisfaction so the guys at BlokUp are kindly holding it for me while we discuss with the manufacturer. the hopper is framed in its own frame so when installed, it will look, to my mind, a little odd as you will have a frame within another frame. to picture this, draw a number 8 and then draw two inner circles within the top half of the 8.

That said, i do not want to have the window in its own frame. the frame supporting the glass block window is sturdy enough to hold the weight of a couple of hinges and the window outwinder.

so, here's where you all come in: who in brisbane can make me a frameless aluminium window to fit into someone elses frame? Bradnams*** and GJames are not interested in custom jobs - perhaps a glazier??

On Bradnams, just for a laugh: went there this morning to enquire about this and was told it was to hard and would take a lot of effort. (I wanted to say "thats ok, i don't mind" but thought better of it ) ). also, where the other guys charged my supplier under $200 for the hopper, Bradnams wanted over $100 just for the fly screen!!! OUCH!!

Read and reply to the full thread at RenovateForum.com....