Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dave J Guest

I didn't realise it was a US company, for some reason I thought it was a Aus company.
    That might bring it up around the $100 mark with postage both ways, but being your Dads it would be worth it and will last you out if you don't drop it..

Dave

Hi Simon,
    Are you sure about that postage? I come up with $23.25 + $9(if its over 500g)

Still its certainly great service.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Stustoys View Post
    Hi Simon,
    Are you sure about that postage? I come up with $23.25 + $9(if its over 500g)

Still its certainly great service.

Stuart
    I'm pretty sure. If you click on the $13.20 service you will see that the service includes max. 2Kg. Price goes up to $16.90 if you want a signature.

Unless I've read it wrong?

Cheers,

Simon

I killed the crystal on a Mitutoyo dial indicator by washing it with acetone..... it made the plastic it was made out of get all these crazed cracks in it...
    Light red, the colour of choice for the discerning man.

Hi Simon,
    The only price I can find that matches $13.20 is for a DLE envelope(114x225mm). Unless you squeeze the gauge down to 20mm thats not going to work. You need a parcel.
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by .RC. View Post
    I killed the crystal on a Mitutoyo dial indicator by washing it with acetone..... it made the plastic it was made out of get all these crazed cracks in it...
    I would have thought Isopropyl Alcohol would have been a better solvent for cleaning an instrument like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stustoys View Post
    Hi Simon,
    The only price I can find that matches $13.20 is for a DLE envelope(114x225mm). Unless you squeeze the gauge down to 20mm thats not going to work. You need a parcel.
    Stuart
    Oops yes you are correct!

Hi Big shed. Well when it comes to the crystal and particularly the face, anything is better than acetone. I think acetone will lift paint and dissolve certain polymers.

Simon