Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Looking for a 14in bandsaw.

I have been reviewing all the threads about 14in bandsaws that have been posted over the last couple of years. (I am a new member but have done occasional wood work when time permits for the last 30 years).

My choice has come down to the Basato 4 or the Carbatec CTJ-3501. (I need to be able to look at these in Brisbane as I live in Northern NSW). My limit is $1000.

So any suggestions either way on these (or if there are other equivalents) would be much appreciated.

Can't help you with an opinion on either of those units, but I would suggest you don't discount the Carbatec BAS350B.

I used to own one of these, prior to updating to a 17" bandsaw (SBW4300E) , and consider it a very good unit. There are quite a few mebers on this forum that own the BAS350 bandsaw.

Compared to the CTJ3501 it has a larger table and a more powerrful motor. Only negative I found was the fence, it was a bit clunky. I replaced it with an aftermarket fence from Timbecon when it was on special.

Carbatec has the BAS350B on special at the moment for $649, which leaves plenty of room in your budget for an aftermarket fence.

I owned the BAS350 before we lost our workshop and I was very happy with it.
    I believe it now has an open stand instead of the cabinet mine had.
    That cabinet was a PITA, it was always full of sawdust.
    Cheers
    Wolffie
    Every day is better than yesterday

Cheers
    SAISAY

I have a Jet 14, i upgraded to rollers bearings and put on a diff fence, its been great in the time ive had it (about 8 years)...the powermatic14 is very nice all quailty, but you pay for it, i want to upgrade at some stage to a 18 or 19 (so i can do resawing) but i will be keeping the 14 jet. its worth a look at.