Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Airless spray gun

Hi Everyone,
    I bought one of these from Supercheap, i haven't tried it yet.
    Has anyone used one ofthese, and are there any tricks to getting it to operate without to much trouble, ie. do you need to thin the Lacquer, paint etc right down, to get a nice even coat?
    I am planning on giving it a trial run this weekend.
    Cheers,
    Hornet.

When you eventually open the box, you will find a little plastic dipper with a hole in the bottom - you dip it in the paint & time how long it takes to empty - the instruction book will tell you how long it should take.

If there is no dipper-thingy (or instructions on how to use it) in the box take it back & get one that hasn't been plundered. It won't work at all if the paint is too thick.

And you'll probably need something to strain the chunky bits out of the paint too - an old strainer with a piece of stocking in it should work OK.

Hi, thanks, yeah mine came with all the bits, in a nicely plastic wrapped box, but i thought some might have found that they needed more thining, etc.

Read the instructions and use the dipper-thingy (viscosity flow rate measurer) it is to tell you when you have thinned to just the right amount (viscosity).
    KEEP A LID ON THE GARBAGE... Report spam, scams, and inappropriate posts, PMs and Blogs.
    Use the Report icon at the bottom of all Posts, PM's and Blog entries.

an airless spray gun????? aint that a fancy name for a brush?? :eek: Or does it only work in a vacuum

pick the bored person on this post
    prove how bored u really are, ..... visit....... http://burlsburlsburls.freespaces.com/ my humble website