Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

Hello,

I'm Lyndsay from canberra. I'm relatively new to wood working, having made one desk and in the middle of my second. I made a lot of things as a child (from chain-mail and model aeroplanes to miniature samurai armour and stuffed toys). I've only recently go back into making stuff.

In particular I'm looking for advice on how to cut really detailed stuff (for making mitre joins and a few other things) really accurately, and need some advice for how to sharpen a set of Swiss made chisels I inherited from a grandparent.

The cutting I'm doing is mostly by a tenon saw in a metal sleeve holder device (that sets to 45 or 90 deg), and often my ends don't end up completely at the angles they should.

The forum has already given me the answers to a few other questions, and I'm looking forward to joining in.

Hi Lyndsay, and welcome.
    The time we enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum. You might find answers in the General Subsection of this forum. If not post the specific question there and someone will be able to post comments. Might even be helpful.

Hi Lyndsay and welcome aboard, we all have questions sometime or other and which usually get answered. folks are great at sharing their knowledge on here.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John