Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good idea, I'll go through them and send you the titles and dates and you can prioritise them. Sharing them on your other forum is an excellent idea.

PDF would be better for sharing, but not sure if I can scan to pdf... I'll check out the options back at work.
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

PDF would be better for sharing, but not sure if I can scan to pdf... I'll check out the options back at work.

Only suggested pdf because just about everyone has a reader or can get one free. Also multiple pages can be scanned and put in one file, at least on my scanner.
    Last edited by Radio; 11th January 2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: correction

When removing the chassis from the radio the missing piece fell out - must have been pushed in among the workings somewhere by the previous owner.

The piece fits very well so I would like to fix it back in again, since this would solve the veneer matching problem.

But one problem is replaced by another. There has been a spring back in the remaining bar so the joints will be under stress. I can glue some veneer on the back but think it will be too flexible leading to cracking of the front finished face.

A thicker piece of wood could be glued on the back, but for appearance sake the grill cloth should fit flush to the back of the grill bars. So maybe a metal reinforcement glued on the back would be better. Any ideas?