• Are you glad guns were banned?

20 55.56%
  • Should we all have guns?

11 30.56%
  • Dont care either way?

5 13.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guns

The the Port Arthur massacre was a cover up.
    The weapon that Bryant used was traced and found to have been recorded as destroyed after being handed in during a gun amnesty in Victoria.

Why was someone with a history of mental illness able to get hold of a destroyed weapon?

The fact is that the gun laws have had zero effect in regard to criminals gaining access to guns, all they are doing is making it harder for law abiding citizens to own firearms.

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by smidsy
    The weapon that Bryant used was traced and found to have been recorded as destroyed after being handed in during a gun amnesty in Victoria.
    And here was I thinking that the whole assault-rifle-handing-in-thing came about as a RESULT of Port Arthur!!!

History has a strange way of changing with time..... I've read lots and lots of conspiracy theories about how the bloke in question was set up by the government so they'd have an excuse to ban guns, so I guess you've disproved that one!

P

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Why was someone with a history of mental illness able to get hold of a destroyed weapon?

The fact is that the gun laws have had zero effect in regard to criminals gaining access to guns, all they are doing is making it harder for law abiding citizens to own firearms.

Cheers
    Paul
    I think you need to re-read your history Paul. He had more than one weapon with him, he used more than one weapon and they were all legal. Apart from that, I'm not going to argue with your points.

Cheers
    Richard

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Because the social workers and advocates of equality for all deem this to be an acceptable practice, but when it backfires they are the first to duck for cover and point the finger at innocent bystanders such as the police who ask the same question.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.