Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Joyful tool score

Hi all,

I feel like a bit of a braggart sharing this, but at the same time this is a crowd who'd be truly able to appreciate the score I managed to land

One time working pallet jack for free!

I was working away at work one afternoon, when I noticed the warehouse across the road appeared to be throwing a pallet jack into their dump bin. I was a bit under the weather with a cold at the time, so I didn't think much of it.
    Later on that night, the thought of it niggled at me strongly, so I decided to go on a mad mission to investigate this bin.
    With a reasonable amount of effort even through the haze of illness, I cleared the rubbish off the top of it, and dug the jack out of the bin, and somehow managed to fit it into my beloved Barina (I constantly amaze people with the things I can fit in that little car).

It appears that it was hit from the side with a forklift, so the tines were bent inwards with barely more than 20cm separating the tip. Stick my car jack between them, and it's almost straight again. I should try it with some wooden spacers to see if I can get as close to 90 degrees as possible, otherwise, it rolls perfectly, jacks fine, and makes me proud that I rescued it from an otherwise senseless waste

Definitely glad I'm still young, fit and silly, because by crikey it weighed a fair bit!

I also treated myself to this the other night, not quite as good as a free tool, but extremely useful nonetheless

Cheers,

~B

Score! Even came with its own black cat......there's not many that have that feature.

Well done on lifting it yourself. They're not light.
    We don't know how lucky we are......

Good one. Those jacks are handy as hell for everything. I got mine on ebay, dragged it home stuffed in my '90 Honda Accord which was the best ute I ever owned (for a sedan)

GQ
    It's all part of the service here at The House of Pain™

Dave J Guest

Good score,
    Thats how I got my last pallet jack. The mates a semi driver and was up in Brisbane where he saw a skinny type pallet jack sitting their that he knew I was chasing. So he asked the boss and they loaded it onto his truck as it was going to scrap. It has only split a weld on the rear of the leg about 2 inched and has a dent on the other side, so it looks like it was hit with a fork as well.

That new saw looks good.and will be a great addition to the shop.

Dave

Scrounging at its finest!

Quote Originally Posted by LordBug View Post
    Hi all,
    the score I managed to land

One time working pallet jack for free!

~B
    Excellent score. Scroungers Anonymous meets every second Tuesday - except when there is a roadside collection.

That pallet jack is the exact type that I have at home ex of work. The front rollers were splitting and one has gone completely now ... it still manages to work for short moves running on bearings only on one side.

I have intended to go get new rollers, but hasn't happened yet. Couple weeks ago GraysOnline showed a pallet-jack in Spearwood - hydraulics broken - got it for $19. Sweet - plan is to grab the rollers off - dump or cut up the rest - working pallet-jack and a bit of scrap metal.

Trouble is ... when I got it home ... a bit of manipulation, one bolt and a roll-pin ... the new pallet-jack is working again. Argh. So I still need new rollers for the old one

Cheers,
    Paul McGee