Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default G'Day from South Africa

Howdy too all forum members. I must confess that I am not a wood worker except if fitting shelves for the wife counts as such. I must admit that the Ozzie chaps really unserstand how to run a website as I am a member of AKFF as well and man them folks are really friendly.
    About two month's ago my mind went wondering on my next holiday project and I accidentally bumped into the PDRacer website on Google. Sheesh! initially I had no liking for the boat but as time, budget calculations and my specific needs developed, this little boat developed an attraction which is hard to put down.

So hopefully I may share my successes and failures of my projects, a homebuilt Ardesa BP pistol stock, muzzle loading rifle stock repairs and some kayaking picks.

Incidentally my greatest claim to unknown fame is that I sailed/paddled 28 kilometers around the Vaal Island race in Feb 2011 with a kayak fitted with a home made leg 'o mutton poly tarp sail within the designated 8 hours time and a stone last postion. I would do it again given the chance

hello Stoffel!

I am a fellow yaaapie and am into both kayak fishing and woodworking! welcome aboard!

Milo

Welcome Stoffel, my kayak doesn't get as much use as it should....too much woodworking....looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

Welcome aboard.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard

I have now been on this forum for 4 months and I am greatful for the replys, advice, good humor and the level of knowledge sharing from the forum members regarding my boat building adventure. VK4 aka Jeff in real life, has been a real star in this adventure
    My boat is nearing completion and I will hopefully have the pleasure of sailing it in Early January 2012