Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi all

Thanks for your comments and messages.

I have some good news, NCArchers visit to my workshop appears to have been a success! I have been very busy so have only had a chance to do a quick test yesterday, however it appears that the bandsaws days of wandering off the line have finished and I have put the petrol and matches away

A huge thank you to everyone for your suggestions and of course to Tony for solving my dilema and keeping me sane...well saneish. I really appreciate it

I suppose you all want to know what was wrong,...thankfully as hoped it was quite simple, a definite lesson in lines and adjustment.

When I pulled the vertical rise shaft out to clean it although I thought I put it back in straight. I didn't! From the top of its run to the bottom, it would run out by about 7mm. So what I was doing was I would set it (guides etc), then adjust the height to suit the height of the stock I was cutting and due to it not being square this could then allow the blade to deflect and run off the rear bearing and then put pressure on the guides. I hope this explanation makes sense. When Tony pointed it out, it was so XXXX obvious!

Upshots, I now know my bandsaw better than I know myself, the awesome WWF helped and allowed me to meet a nice bloke and fellow woodworker and I will never make this mistake again!

I picked up a second hand Minimax table saw over the weekend,...let's hope I can get this one up and running easier than the bandsaw!!

Cheers

Cam

Glad it all worked out in the end.

It's this sorta problem that teaches you the most about any given machine... but there are 'nicer' ways to learn, huh?
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Thanks Skew agreed there are definitely nicer ways to learn a lesson! I have been put through the ringer however feel so much smarter for the experience

Cam,
    glad I could help and it's always good to meet another forum member. I think it's nearly time for a Newcastle region GTG. I've got a growing list of names.
    I might drop in and check out the new saw later this week.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

Thanks and a get together sounds like a good idea to me

You are welcome to swing by anytime, just let me know before as I am off to Sydney for work later in the week. I will offer to put the kettle on this time - Sorry I forgot on your last visit!

Cheers

It's ok, I was disorganised and didn't have any Anzacs with me
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

Well done NCArcher, that was terrific
    regards,

Dengy