Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: TV ads

Question TV ads

A lot of them are very clever, very funny but some of them are just…..

For example,

1. This one is about some sort of furniture factory outlet and the guy just full on shouting the whole 30 seconds. I could not hear anything he said except the last word “Homebushhhhhhhh”.

2. Carlton draught. It goes like this “A mans got to win and to win he needs a canoe…” ?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Over to you champs.

I like the Carlton Draught ad that goes something like:

Carlton Draught. Made from... lovely hops and brewed in... big, metal things. Carted around by... horses, and poured into... sideways glasses. Carlton Draught, made from beer.

It's a p!ss-take of the crap they go on about in TV ads - it sounds like the guy is making it up as he goes along. The canoe one I've only seen once but it's just meant to be ridiculous, thereby making it stand out from all the other ads I suppose.

I actually drink the stuff every now and then. Not as bad a Tooheys New but worse than VB.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo
    A2. Carlton draught. It goes like this “A mans got to win and to win he needs a canoe…” ?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Over to you champs.
    That Carlton ad is a classic. Brilliant. Makes me want to go out and buy a slab of Coopers to drink while I enjoy the annoying dozen or so reruns of the same ad through the evening.

Another good beer ad is a Coopers one. It shows a car load of Victorians driving across a featureless plain (looks a lot like the Hay Plain) and bitterly berating one of their member - the bloke who suggested they come to this dead state of SA. They turn around to go home - the South Aussies have lined the road with bill boards painted to look like a featureless plain so that the Vics can's see what's really here and how much fun we're having. The final shot is the poor sod who suggested the trip looking out the back window of the car at a football that's just appeared from nowhere (sailed over the billboards).
    Funny thing is, it's true

My sisters sometimes get together and sing ads from the seventies - they can string a 20 minute set together without repeating themselves. Sick, sick, sick. Don't get it from their brother.

Cheers
    Richard

Obviously an ad only shown in SA. Or so you would have us believe, for I happen to know that they don't have TV in SA. You confessed to that on another thread!!!

Wongo, here you go:

This TV campaign for Carlton Draught, came out of the brand theme: that Carlton Draught is a good, honest, real beer, say Ant Keogh and Grant Rutherford from George Patterson Partners agency. "We already had the line, 'made from beer' which we felt was a good way of expressing that," Keogh says. "So, we were sitting around thinking about notions of 'true' and 'real' which led us to think about the opposite: stereotypes of men which only really seem to exist on TV, not in the real world. Basically, we just started making fun of stuff we thought was a load of old nonsense. We started writing one of those overblown voiceovers that you hear in certain types of ads for men's products. We got to the bit about, 'A man needs to win, to get on top and stay there, and you can't do that without ...' and we then started thinking about the ultimate male business accessory; something even more impressive than a Palm Pilot, a canoe!"
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    Basically, we just started making fun of stuff we thought was a load of old nonsense.

There is a career for you and me in marketing. Don’t you think?

Here you go, you can watch them both here: http://www.carltondraught.com.au/Car...t.aspx?pid=114

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    Obviously an ad only shown in SA.
    That's coz Souf Ozzies are the only ones stupid enuf to drink that cats p155.

Dan
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Better that than the used dishwater you vix make

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    Better that than the used dishwater you vix make

No, they make EMU in WA.
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

And in Qld they can't even spell it, XXXX (and rumour has it that Warwick Krapper was going to sue them for endorsing their beer (?) with his signature without permission).
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

My favourite at the moment (did I actually say that???), is the lynks deodorant advert..

they dont say too much but the special effects are BRILLIANT..
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Brudda
    My favourite at the moment (did I actually say that???), is the lynks deodorant ..
    Personally, I prefer beer
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS
    You spray beer under your armpits? :confused:

Richard

Only Coopers..............

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS

So do I.. but for the beer to work properly, you have to smell good too
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev