Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Hi from Tas

Default Hi from Tas

Gday all,
    I have been looking through the forum mainly looking for prices on bits and pieces as my father a retired cabinet maker has recently had to go in to a home and the stuff that I am not keeping or is too big for my place we are selling off.
    About moi, I work in IT and my usual hobby is the sport of pistol shooting, I used to dabble in woodwork occasionally but these days just dont have the time, between work, family, running after the old man etc.
    The last few days I have been having to go through his workshop, its really weird to go in to your old mans workshop he has had for all the years and have to sort through so much stuff, it brings back so many memories as a kid growing up in and around powertool, planers, bench saws, etc. Finding a heap of weird stuff too, he was such a pack rat LOL.
    Sold a heap of huon pine today and a couple planks of black heart sassafras, I now smell like huon pine from lugging it all out side.
    Unfortunately I have other hobbies as well and am stretched for space otherwise I would be keeping the lot.
    Things like his wooden planes, No 8 stanley plane, and assorted other assorted hand planes, dawn clamps, some sash clamps, sliding compound saw etc I will be keeping however stuff like his spindle moulder, bench sander, drill press etc I dont have room for so all have to go.
    Although looking through this forum is sorts having the effect of wanting to keep some more stuff and start doing a bit again. Thanks for listening to my waffle.
    Rob

From another pistol shooter
    Hi and welcome.

Welcome Sledge!

Welcome to the forum.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Welcome to the forum from a recent Tasmanian.

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum. Keeping the items that mean the most would be your first consideration. The second more like what can you use and or clean up when if necessary. Good luck on the sort throughout. Should be able to ask your old man what the tools are for.