Thread: paint?

Default paint?

I am making a toys for joys lowboy trailer and I want to paint it a blue or red or maybe even a purple I haven't decided witch one yet, but I want a real shinny finish almost like glass. How would I go about that and what type of paint is recomened? should I primer first and apply paint in coats and lightly sand and do again then do the same with the clear coat? I am just really getting into woodworking but I do have some knowledge of materials and stuff. Thanks Mike

Default paint

Hi
    If you are after safe paint, check out the Livos plant based paints. the vindo is a high gloos paint. apply it thinly and it is safe for kids. available in small sizes and has the most beautiful ultra marine blue, mix with red to achive your purple. www.livos.com.au

or you can use the transparent wood stain with clear finish on top. again they are kid safe.

ok so I have been thinking. Now that is scarrey. Ok I need advise on what to do the paint ? is above but what about staining the pine a maple or birch and then putting a polyacrilic or urethrae on it would that work? now this is pine wood, should I use liquid or gel stain?