Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3RU is offline Electron controller/Manufacturer of fine shavings

Great show. Anyone notice the Sunbeam Alpine just off the start then the old 4 door Studibaker closer to the end?

Dave

Yup, I spotted the Studi & it was doing alright too... it was the one just in front when he finally got past the Charger.

Also saw several EH Holdens, one was blowing a LOT of smoke.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Totally awesome race. Does the guy have a ringer or what?

Bret

Had a mate with a Phase 3 HO, you probably know him Cliff - Mick Salmon. He lived with us at Rosewood in the '70s. His car was "very fast". His Mum stayed with us for a bit, one day she went to the shop - in Mick's Ph3. The noise of it revving in the garage underneath woke us all up. Then the wheel spin and side slip out of the garage and up the street. I reckon she was doing 60 kph at the letterbox, lots of smoke and dust. When she came back, the neighbour (who assumed it was Mick) stomped over to the car and his jaw dropped when he saw a litlle old lady with a big grin. Mick hid his keys after that.

Yup, I remember it.... I didn't got for a ride in it but I have been in one out in Longreach.

Remember Nev's E49 Charger, I went for several rides in it, it was fairly viscous.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

I_wanna_Shed is offline Now I've got a 10x14m shed! I need a new name...

Even though I'm a Holden man, that's a fantastic video Cliff. There's nothing like watching the Appendix J racing (or Biante Series as its called now). Its ALWAYS a highlight of my annual trip to Bathurst.

BUT.......... there's one classic I'd just LOVE to restore. Here it is, tearing around the Mountain.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2rllosOJs"]Mini Bathurst 2007 PART 1 - YouTube[/ame]

and Part 2:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYg-SfGaiSw"]Mini Bathurst 2007 PART2 - YouTube[/ame]

Oh they are so much fun!

Nathan.

I was a passenger in Nev's Charger in Brisbane when a 8' x 4" x4" bit of shoring came off the top of a truck and hit it while we were taking a boat to Humpybong to race. The timber went through the windshield, through the seat between Nev and I, through the back seat and pierced the petrol tank.

Don't think I ever wore those shorts again.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Probably the heyday of Bathurst. All classes running. Pit crews and drivers with no engineers on computers telling the driver what to do.

Bum on seat driving listening to the car and wringing everything out of it.

Ah, memories.

and remember there was no speed limit in pit lane.....

Quote Originally Posted by I_wanna_Shed View Post
    Even though I'm a Holden man, that's a fantastic video Cliff. There's nothing like watching the Appendix J racing (or Biante Series as its called now). Its ALWAYS a highlight of my annual trip to Bathurst.

BUT.......... there's one classic I'd just LOVE to restore. Here it is, tearing around the Mountain.

Mini Bathurst 2007 PART 1 - YouTube

and Part 2:
    Mini Bathurst 2007 PART2 - YouTube

Oh they are so much fun!

Nathan.

Nathan mates selling this one www.cumminscars.com - Classic Cars For Sale | Sydney Australia

or this one www.cumminscars.com - Classic Cars For Sale | Sydney Australia

Nothing like the real thing terrible photos I know Moffat and Grice's cars note the distortion of Moffat's front wheel taken Oran Park about 60-70 when I used to stroll the pits chatting with the likes of Brock, Bond, Holland.

The most famous crash of all Bathurst

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_eb77cEVGA"]Bill Brown XY Falcon GTHO Phase 3 Bathurst crash (1971) - YouTube[/ame]

Real racing days

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-VEZeMLyXA&feature=related"]Bathurst 1969 part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]