Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default This is not Good.

Hi All,
    Had a Lady visit today, & in her 80ies, & just in general conversation, she said she could SMELL Oil inside her Vehicle, & I said I would have a look under the Bonnet before she left.
    Did this, & low & behold, her Mechanic ( If you can call him that ) had left the Oil Cap off, but had at least filled it with Oil.
    Of course there was Oil everywhere, in the Motor Compartment & She had traveled many Kl's.
    Surprisingly, there was still a fair amount of Oil in the Motor, going by the Dip Stick.
    Just imagine, what that older Lady could have come up against, had she not dropped in to see us.
    Could have quite easily Blown the Motor.
    Very hard to find good people today?
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Have Lathe, Wood Travel.

I did my apprenticship as a motor mechanic. Left as soon as I'd finished and most of my peers did to. Why ?

Second lowest paid trade.

Abused by customers weekly, usually before you touch their vehicle.

Chemical driven health problems from xema to asbestosis.

If people were willing to pay mechanics $400/hr like lawyers charge you'd get better mechanics. Most of that $100/hr goes to enviromental/legal BS, the spanner monkey gets about $20 of it even if he owns the shop.

Leaving the cap off is messy but it wouldn't have destroyed the motor I think. Maybe the mechanic is hopeless (quite a few are) or maybe he made a mistake. Someone famous once said "let you who are without sin..."

2c.
    I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life. L.J. Young.
    We live in a free country. We have freedom of choice. You can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong.
    Wait! No one told you your government was a sitcom?